Monday, July 8, 2013

Praise for Advanced Planetary Magick - Jason Miller

I hope you had a good Independence Day holiday, for those of you in the US.  I sure did.  It was much needed downtime that I spent cleaning and organizing from my move beginning of the year. Mostly I was just relaxing with the hubby and the cats and hiding from the boiling heat outside!

I also got the chance to read a handful of books.  The most notable, was the e-chapbook, Advanced Planetary Magick by Jason Miller.  You can find a link to it here:  http://www.inominandum.com/blog/advanced-planetary-magic-now-for-sale/  This book is a little gem of a piece that instead of calling itself advanced and then going over the same old intro stuff, skips the intro stuff and goes into the nuts and bolts of doing planetary magick, sigils, the kamea, so on.  Jason adds in lots of references as he writes, so that you know which classic texts and systems to which he's referring.  (I have to say that not using references is my ultimate pet peeThree Books of Occult Philosophy (De Occulta Philosophia libri III). 
ve with Paganism).  So, you can go into the references and read up with the classics we all should have in our libraries, such as the

He explains the planetary hours and the nature of each of the planets.  If you aren't in the mood to calculate planetary hours, there are great planetary hour apps.  I use the Magickal Clock, written by my good friend Mark Pemburn.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magickal-clock/id417133252?mt=8 

The final portion of the books has 49 invocations for the planets and their cross planetary correspondences.  Starting today Jason, and others who have bought his book will be invoking these energies on their corresponding hours for 49 days.  I'm looking forward to it.  Hope you will too.  Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment