Tuesday, March 31, 2009

assumptions


I just quit assuming that my parents will understand me or always respond in a loving way. They need my attention, love and validation as much as I need theirs. Just as I would preface things with friends in order for them to understand if I am asking for them to listen, agree, or if I want a new perspective, I have chosen to be specific and open about my conversations with my parents. We I talk to them as close friends and not as the omnipotent beings I considered them in childhood, I am able to make them not a part of me, seperate beings so that I don't automatically get my feelings hurt when I talk to them.
Its a learning process. I'm grateful that my relationship with them gets better over the years and did a lot of healing after I became an adult.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment