Wednesday, December 17, 2008


This morning after 8:30 I was driving to work, watching the sunrise over Manhattan and the shipping yards. The clouds were glowing pink and I wondered if on one of the shortest days of the year, the sun, in its weak brilliance was that much more appreciated. The clouds above reminded me of the San Francisco bay on a stormy day. I felt blessed that I knew what a bay across the country at another ocean, looks, feels, and smells like.I am tired and weary. I understand why people go away to fancy spas to relax, not have to clean, cook or do anything other than rest and be pampered. I wonder if caffiene would help me slog through the day or if I really dislike my job in all honesty. I worry the pinching in my neck will turn into a migrane. Today I packed up my tools, charcoal, incense and candles for a house blessing and some prosperity work. I am going to pamper my friend and help her through a hard time. The rituals, the tools, the greater sense of connect helps. It doesn't mean life isn't still hard. I'm going to sing "I never promised you a rose garden" today and float through the day. I'm enjoying my studying, filing pictures, graphs, and putting together my thesis for my lecture. I'm proud of myself for discerning what is true to me and what angle I want to take on research and theories. Last night I dreamt that one of my Elders, came up to me at a huge Spring Magick gathering and said "young lady, you better have your robe." I smiled and replied "I have my robe, tabbard, cords, shoes--good to go". "and a sword?" "I have an axe!"

I picked up my executioner's axe and went about my merry way, giving a penetrating stare as it was quite silly yet intimidating to see 5'1" me carrying such a huge weapon.


Fear me for I am frightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment