Friday, November 15, 2013

Stay with the Light


At Mabon, Hades told me to not go into the underworld this year, to stay with the light--to remember what brings me true joy.

I thought this was a great idea as it allowed me to have a light winter with enjoyment, connection, friends, and relaxation.  I could just practice radical self-care all winter and hopefully not experience much strife. 

That's not what the God meant.

It was a great thing to tell myself as I planned out my immediate future, but that was not the message.

The message was that I was about to move to the Sunshine State before winter hit and I literally wouldn't deal with the dark cold days of northern New Jersey this winter.  I would literally be staying in the light.  Since Florida is closer to the equator, the disparity between the length of days between the solstices is not nearly as dramatic as more northern latitudes. 

I can hardly wait the joy I will find in my new life and my new home in Florida.  It's been 14 years since I've lived there. 

Just as an aside, this is why its so important to write down ritual experiences and write down messages you receive from dreams, omens, and the Gods.  The message may not have meaning to you for weeks, months or even years!  For example, the vision I had in my first degree initiation in 2005 didn't make sense until 2010!

I set an intention last night to let my heart rest and to be gentle to myself, to continue the process of surrender to my Goddess and to open the doors within and without.

What is your intention?

No comments:

Post a Comment