Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Impermanence

Today was so different than yesterday I am blessed for living through the day.  Yesterday  I struggled with mistakes in my work in my job and fretted over separation and loneliness.  I was miserable and angry.  It took me a very long time to sleep. 

I dreamt about a boy I knew in High School that died from leukemia before he graduated.  He and I walked through dangerous city blocks together, to go from working back to home.

Today, I have returned home.  Today I am still. Work was successful and fulfilling.  I am satisfied in the still, balmy summer evening.  My thoughts are at peace and I can exhale. 

I look forward to returning to my dreams tonight.  The sun's path grows dark and the moons path takes up the baton and I glide in the moon boat, down the river, and toward the safe harbor of the saltybay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment